A need for more space to share...

So my reason for choosing Blogger was that it was:
  1. Free
  2. Easy to set up
  3. Easy to manage
  4. It doesn't have ads
However, blogger as a platform lacks much of the blog customization that I expect, and more importantly, doesn't really give me a lot of flexibility with posting content. For example, the Gifs I posted in recent entries had to be uploaded and then I had to write HTML code to trick it into displaying as the Blogger WYSIWYG editor's image function doesn't innately support animated gifs.

Basically, it's just an old platform that hasn't aged well.

Also, looking at sharing content with everyone (and ensuring that content doesn't get deleted from some free service that is hosting it) I need to have some sort of dedicated web space.

SO I'm considering moving this blog and the entries I've already written to a WordPress platform. Either on my existing domain of MythicPeak or on a new one. I've got some creative ideas, but we'll see.

Once this is figured out, I'll post a web version of the text adventure directly on the page, as well as store any future projects as well, and basically use it as a personal portfolio. I'm not intending on changing any of the reasons for doing this blog, just making sure that if this is a format that I'm going to stick to, it's one that is expandable for the future as well.

We'll see.

Thanks again for reading!

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *