The start of a grand (text) adventure!

Have been powering through this Unity2d course, and actually have something to show! This isn't pretty, but it's an actual rendering!
This is Unity actually rendering my code and running it as a "game."
So this portion of the course will have me building a state machine to drive a simple text adventure. I've got some experience with state machines already, as I used them in my GML game prototype to make my robot walk and run and have all these different animations based on which was he was facing and all that jazz, as well as having a menu with settings that could be opened from the game world. That being said, learning it in Unity with direct C# scripts is interesting.

This course is pretty good, it has us really diving in and creating customized, refactored content. I do wish it would take more time to talk about the philosophy, but in general, I'm grasping everything and going "above and beyond" what the course is asking me to do whenever I see an opportunity.

My goal is to work through this and then actually build and export the completed mini-text adventure, and upload it to the blog here so anyone who wants to play through it can. We'll see if that happens before the weekend is out. It IS my birthday weekend, so we'll see. We'll see.

Thank you, as always, for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *